Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut is FANTASTIC on salads, especially beet salad with fresh citrus and feta cheese. Beets are so sweet and fresh in the winter, give it a try!
- 4 raw beets, peeled
- 4 mandarin oranges, peeled
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1 cup Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- On the thinnest setting, mandolin peeled beets and carrots. The thinner the better.
- Peel apart the mandarins.
- Strain some of the liquid out of the sauerkraut.
- Wash and strain the arugula.
- Arrange all salad ingredients into wide flat bowls
- Gently whisk all dressing ingredients together and drizzle over each bowl evenly. Finish with sea salt and ground pepper.
If you love beet salads, you’ll love our Beet Horseradish Chopped Salad that has an extra kick to it!